I recently wrote about the formula for success. At that time I couldn’t find the article I had read about this idea. Now I have found it, and the section on making the growth equation work for you provides these helpful steps:
Make the Growth Equation Work for You
- Pick an area of your life.
- Reflect on where you currently are and where you want to be.
- Think about whether you ought to be in a state of stress—taking on just-manageable challenges—or in a state of rest, recovery, and reflection.
- Align your behavior accordingly.
- Check in every few weeks, just like you would for any other training program, and evaluate your progress.
Brad Stulberg (@Bstulberg) writes Outside’s Do It Better column and is the author of the book Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success.